Balla GAA Club - Gaelic Athletic Association
Cumann Lúthchleas Gael
was set established in 1886
Balla GAA Pitch is called 'Nally Park' after P W Nally
a founder member of the GAA, who was born in Balla in 1855
The main honours won by the club in recent times were:
The County junior championship in 1980.
The 25th anniversary of the event was celebrated in 2005 when the
1980 Winning Team reunited.
The County minor championship in 1989.
The County senior finalists in 1993.
The County senior league winners in 1994.
The club has also won numerous West and County underage titles over the years, the most recent of which were The County Under 13 Division 3 title in 2009 The County Under 15 Division 3 title 1n 2009 The County Minor C championship, all in 2009
The Club House
The Club refurbished the clubhouse in 2005 and added shower facilities, new changing rooms, a gym and a kitchen
Officals from the county board carried out the official opening.
Photos of the occasion are available by clicking here